The Takeover Open Exhibition – We Want Your Art!
Published: 16th April 2019
Do you paint, print, draw, collage or take photos?
Our Takeover Open exhibition is for artists aged 25 and under living in the North East of England. It follows the success of our first Takeover Open Exhibition last year. An open exhibition is one where anyone eligible can enter. There is no theme and we are pleased that thanks to Scottish Power Foundation the Takeover Open is still FREE to enter. The Takeover Open Exhibition is a fantastic opportunity to see your work in a public gallery.
Who can apply?
Anyone aged 25 and under who lives in the North East of England.
- All works must be submitted by Wednesday May 1st.
- Exhibition Preview Monday 27th May at 6.30pm.
- Work must be collected on Saturday 29th June between 10am and 5pm. Please note we cannot store work after this date and any work left will be carefully disposed of.
What else do I need to know? (Terms and Conditions)
- You can submit up to three artworks;
- The artworks must be 2D e.g. paintings, drawings, collage and photography. We use the gallery space for other events and activity so we cannot use the floor space. No sculptures, installations etc. We also cant accept sound, film or performance art.
- We would strongly recommended you frame your work and attached mirror plates so we can secure work in the gallery. Framed work is less likely to suffer accidental damage. If you do not attach mirror plates we will attach fixings to secure the work.
- All works must be less than 2m in any direction.
- Please mark ‘TOP’ on the rear of the work with your name, age and contact details.
- We aim to display all work submitted however we have the right to refuse work we consider to be offensive.
- Works are submitted at the owner’s own risk and The Customs House is not liable for damage. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange any insurance necessary.
- During the Takeover you and your artwork may be photographed or recorded on video. This will be used by The Customs House online and in print. During the exhibition our visitors may photograph your artwork.
Delivering Your Work
Please drop off/ send your artwork to:
FAO Izzy Finch Learning and Participation Officer, The Customs House Mill Dam, South Shields, NE33 1ES.
We cannot return any wrapping materials and our building is usually open from 10am but please check our website.
On the back of your artwork include a label with the following information:
- Your name;
- Title of artwork;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Email address