Schools Drawing Exhibition
This year our schools drawing exhibition theme is Snow White inspired by our Little Panto with the Big Heart. If you teach in South Tyneside find out more about how to submit your learners’ drawings.
The schools drawing exhibition is open to to children and young people who attend schools across South Tyneside.
This year we want your drawings inspired by Snow White for display during the pantomime season at The Customs House. We will display a selection of the drawings in our Step Up Gallery.
Please encourage your learners to think about all the characters from Snow White. Will the make a pencil drawing of the Magic Mirror? An ink sketch of the Evil Queen? Use pastels to draw some woodland creatures.
Imagine the different ways Snow White might look – all we know is she has red lips and skin as white as snow. Whilst we know many children love Disney’s version we’d love to see the different and unusual ways our kind hearted princess could be drawn.
Please read and follow this guidance carefully.
- Give your learners enough time to create their drawing we want them to feel proud of their entry.
- Ensure all drawings are completely flat and drawn on paper or card no larger than A4.
- You can make your drawing using any medium pens, pencils, crayons, ink… you can find out more about drawing here
- Collect your class or schools drawings.
- Hand them in to Box Office. Label your folder with your name, your schools name and a contact email so we can let you know when we mount the exhibition.
- Make sure you have the necessary permission to display any personal information on the drawing publicly e.g. if a child puts their name on the front it will be visible in the Step Up Gallery and we might use it online to promote the exhibition.
- We need all drawings by Friday 1st November.
Please note regrettably we cannot return any drawings but if this is a concern we would accept high quality colour photocopies if you wish to keep the original artwork.
Useful Resources for Teachers About Drawing
- Access Art – https://www.accessart.org.uk/national-curriculum-planning-art-drawing/
- The Big Draw – https://thebigdraw.org/
You could also book a paid for session where we could come to your school to help inspire your learners email Elizabeth@customshouse.co.uk for more information.