Mega Makers. Ready for a creative challenge?
Mega Makers is our creative challenge group recommended for 11 to 13 year olds. Each session lasts 90 minutes and we will have a go at completing a new creative challenge . The theme of our sessions this summer are as follows:
- 30th July Put it Together be an artist make an exhibition inspired by everyday objects;
- 6th August Art Factory activities inspired by Pop Artist Andy Warhol;
- 13th August British Makers art inspired by living North East artists;
- 20th August All Together Now make big art and help transform a space;
- 27th August Strong Structures.
We’ve added some FAQs below but if you have any queries or want more information email Elizabeth@customshouse.co.uk or telephone 0191 427 8198
- How much? Mega Maker tickets are £2 from the box office, grown ups aren’t allowed in the session (!) but if it’s your first visit its a good idea to email Elizabeth@customshouse.co.uk with an adults emergency contact details.
- Do I need to book in advance? It is useful if you can as it can help us prepare but there are also limited numbers of tickets available on the day.
- Do I have to come to all sessions? It’s great if you can come to more than one session but they are designed to stand alone.
- Do we have to come from the whole session? Mega Maker challenges are designed to last 90 minutes so last entry is at 2.45pm. If your Mega Maker is leaving early please let the session leader know they have your permission to do so,
- What should I wear for Mega Makers? The challenges use a range of art materials please wear something suitable for creative activities like an old(er) t shirt etc.
- Where does the session happen? Sessions are in our workshop space Daltons 5 just across Daltons Lane.
- How can I get to Mega Makers at The Customs House? 10 mins walk from South Shields metro/bus station, 5 mins walk from Shields Ferry, free car park onsite… or speak to Red Line Taxis.
- My child has additional needs can they take part? Please email or telephone Elizabeth so we can discuss your needs.