The Customs House Trust Ltd
Bar and Restaurant Manager – Green Room Bar and Bistro.
The Customs House is a Charity which together with CustomSpace develops talent and programmes, live theatre and cinema. It 100% owns The Green Room Ltd, as its trading arm which delivers the food, beverage and events offer at The Customs House and sometimes offsite. Do you want a chance to develop yourself and help build a team to deliver an outstanding Customer Experience?
Job Specification terms and conditions
|Title||Bar & Restaurant Manager|
|Location||Green Room, The Customs House, Mill Dam, South Shields|
|Reporting to||Operations Manager|
|Direct Reports||Bar Supervisor, Green Room Operations Assistants|
|Salary||£18,000 starting salary, reviewed after 6 months’ probation.|
Principle purpose of post: To support the Operations Manager as well as managing a team to enhance customer experience through excellent service and maintaining standards.
Key objectives of the post: To provide a first class service to users of the facilities within the Green Room Bar and Bistro and The Customs House Trust
Key tasks of the post:
Responsible for ensuring all stock is rotated and kept at a suitable level, which included:-
- Green Room Bar
- Store cupboard
- Fusion Bar
- Concession stand
- Ensuring beer lines are all cleaned on a regular basis
- Ensuring the cellar is clean and tidy at all times
Programming of till and till training:-
- Responsible for till errors and corrections
- Wet sales
- Ice creams
- Control and Security
Hospitality and damages recording
- Responsible for calculating the hospitality and damages records and ensuring that these are kept up to date.
Management of staff
- Ensure staff are working to there required roles and responsibilities
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are completed and adhered to
- Develop the Customer Experience
- Encourage and incentivise staff in upselling
- Integrate Volunteers
- Become the face of The Green Room
- Work with Events and Marketing to deliver our offer
The role includes unsociable working hours including weekends and late evenings and Bank Holidays. Therefore flexibility is required within the role as well as covering periods of sickness and holidays for other team members.
Along with the above you may be required to perform any other duties as requested from time to time by the Executive Director or his Deputy.
The closing date for applications is 30th June.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information on volunteering opportunities with our Front of House team at The Customs House please contact Amy, Duty Manager via OperationSupervisor@customshouse.co.uk.