Location: The Customs House, Mill Dam, South Shields
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Salary: £7.73 p/hr or £14,873 p/annum (37 h/pwk)
Principle Purpose of the role
Answerable directly to the Commercial Manager, as a member of the senior front of house operations team, you are responsible for leading the operations team and ensuring that The Customs House Trust delivers fantastic customer service in its bar and restaurant and events.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and confident person to assist in leading our operations team.
- You will have experience of supervising a team in a busy hospitality environment.
- You will have experience in training individuals in delivering fantastic customer service.
- You have a passion for people and making sure that customers are all treated as guests and that the extra mile is taken every time they visit.
- You will have experience in organising a busy bar and restaurant and understanding having the right people in the right place at the right time.
- You will have experience of stock control and identifying stock issues before they arise.
- You will have real drive to progress in your career and take every opportunity you have to prove your ability.
- You won’t be afraid at challenging old systems and implementing and trying new ideas to improve the linear flow of the workplace.
- You will enjoy working in a team and alone.
- You will have a good knowledge of the hospitality trade, popular trends and local competition.
- As a senior member of the front of house operations team, you are required to be ‘a face’ of The Customs House’ when at work and when you are off duty.
- You are required to co-ordinate the front of house staff whilst at work, ensuring that day to day running of the business is performed correctly and safely, whilst customer service standards are kept high.
- It is your responsibility to work with the other senior members of the operations team and ensure that customer’s bookings are managed correctly
- As a senior member of the operations team, you should lead by example and coach others while at work to perform their duties in the correct way in line with department standards.
- Working with the Commercial Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure that all staff members are trained accordingly in order for them to perform their day to day duties in line with their job role/description.
- You are responsible for identifying training and performance issues of individual members of the team and working with the Commercial Manager, ensure that the needs of the team member are met and that the opportunity for training is given.
- You are responsible in ensuring that all aspects of Health and Safety are implemented whilst you are at work.
- You are responsible for implementing and training new procedures which will improve service standards and aid communication between departments when it comes to table reservations and events preparation.
- You are required to ensure that good house-housekeeping is maintained by all staff whilst they are on shift and after their shift is finished.
- You are required to know and understand what activities are taking place when you are at work, so they can be planned ahead and controlled accordingly.
- As a Bar supervisor, it is your responsibility to make sure that all activities and events that are taking place are serviced correctly and the necessary requirements previously arranged are delivered as per agreed.
- As part of the senior front of house operations team, you are required to work anti-social hours when the needs of the businesses safe and controlled operation requires you to do so or as requested by your line manager.
Please send you CV and covering letter to Lisa Cross PA to Executive Director by Friday 13th January 2017