Finance and Administration Assistant
Location: The Customs House, Mill Dam, South Shields
Reporting to Finance Director
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: £16,000 pro rata
Principle purpose of the role
The Finance and Administration Assistant will assist in the delivery of a highly effective and efficient finance and administration service to The Customs House.
• To assist the Finance Officer and Finance Director with all aspects of the running of the Finance function
• Processing and issuing of invoices where required
• Cashing up and banking of takings including cash reconciliations
• Arrange and collect change from bank
• Cashing up of bucket collections and banking donations;
• Updating spreadsheets and inputting large volumes of data;
• Collating financial information and preparing reports;
• Collating gift aid information and making claims
• Monitoring hours on the staff clocking in machine.
Essential Specific knowledge and experience
• One year’s experience of working within a similar role, ideally within a not for profit organisation;
• Experience of IT packages (minimum Word and Excel);
• Experience of SAGE is desirable;
• Working towards or already attained AAT or equivalent qualification.
Skills and abilities
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
• To be able to work with initiative and have confidence in own ability;
• Attention to detail and excellent organisational ability.
The closing date is Sunday, 31st March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Monday 1st April 2019.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
Please download an application form HERE
Volunteering-become a Customs House Ambassador
Volunteering at The Customs House gives you great experience of working in a fun, creative and busy environment and looks great on your CV.
If you can spare a couple of hours a week and would like to be a part of the team please contact Amy, Duty Manager via OperationSupervisor@customshouse.co.uk