The Customs House 25th Anniversary Open Exhibition: Deadline Extended for Submissions:
Published: 15th January 2019
This exhibition will showcase the talent of arts from our region, and will be a wonderful opportunity to celebrate The Customs House special year with the work of talented local artists.
Interested artists will need to email: email@example.com to receive an entry form. Deadline for submissions is 28th January, Work can be dropped off at our Box Office between 10am and 5pm. Each artist can submit maximum of three artworks.
Exhibition dates: 5th February – 21 April 2019
Preview Event: 4th February at 6.00pm
Who Can Apply?
Anyone aged 25 and over and resident in Tyne and Wear.
There is no cost to submit work.
- A maximum of three artworks may be entered per person
- Work should fit into the following themes; The Customs House, Silver or Twenty Five
- Work must be framed or on stretched canvas with a means to secure the work with mirror plates
- All works must be less than two metres in any direction
- All works should be unpacked on delivery and the packaging taken away
- Please remove all hangers and fittings from the back of artworks and mark ‘TOP’ on the rear of the work with your name and contact details
- We will endeavour to display all work submitted, however we have the right to refuse work we consider to be offensive
- If we receive a high volume of work, we will rotate the exhibition to ensure that all artists have their work shown at some point during the duration of the exhibition
Collection of Artworks
Work submitted to the exhibition must remain at The Customs House until the close of the exhibition and be collected on 22 or 23 April between 10.00am-6.00pm.
Work that isn’t collected by the deadline will be donated to charity.
Works are submitted at the owner’s own risk and The Customs House is not liable for damage caused during delivery to and from the venue. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange insurance cover during these times if necessary.
During exhibition your artwork may be photographed. This material may be used for promotional purposes by The Customs House. Please indicate on your submission form if you do not consent to this.
Click here to download our Submission Form: Open Exhibition Submission Form 2018