Do you fancy filling a 6m high canvas with your art?
We’re giving over our building banner outside The Customs House to one South Tynesider to display a piece of art that shows us ‘What Togetherness means to you’
• Does it mean a hug from a loved one?
• A virtual get together with friends and family?
• Sitting together in your favourite theatre?
• A feeling of belonging?
Or does it mean something else entirely?
We know this last year has meant we’ve had to stay apart from our loved ones, our schools and workplaces and the places we love, like YOUR Customs House. We want to celebrate what it means to be ‘together’ in 2021 and we have the perfect space, splashed right across the front of our building, to display your work. This is an opportunity for you to share what togetherness means to you and the winning creation – whatever artform – will take up this slot for three months. All shortlisted artists will also have their work shown on our website in a digital gallery. The final decision on the chosen design will be decided by a public vote via our social media.
Guidance for Entries
Submissions need to be provided in the following ratio: 610mm (h) x 480mm (w)
All submissions must be saved (minimum) 300dpi. We can accept JPG, PDF, PNG
If the successful submission has been created using a design software package such as indesign, illustrator, or photoshop, all fonts must be converted to outlines ahead of production.
• We will only be accepting digital copies of work due to health and safety reasons due to COVID but high-res scans of work will be accepted.
• The opportunity is open to everyone in South Tyneside, regardless of age or experience.
• Arts Council England, South Tyneside Council and The Customs House logos will be added to the successful entry ahead of print production.
Please be mindful that this banner is in a public space so must be suitable for all, and not feature offensive language or images. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for completed submissions is 5pm, Monday 22nd February at 5pm
Please send all entries to: email@example.com
with the subject title: Togetherness and your name.
The successful entry will be displayed
on our building from March to July.