Position: Duty Manager
Contract: 37hrs p/wk
Salary: Competitive - Negotiable depending on experience
Answerable to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of front of house operations within the bar/restaurant, events and theatre program within The Customs House Arts Centre.
As an experienced manager, you will be used to a high octane working environment, being able to react quickly to unexpected changes and deal with them with confidence and professionalism. Where customer experience and visit satisfaction are paramount, you will be responsible for managing a front house team, their training and service delivery.
A love of the arts is desirable, but not essential. You will grow to love it!
Experience of managing a team in a bar and restaurant is essential.
Working as a part of management team is essential.
Over 18 years old
2 years in a management position in the hospitality industry
Proven experience in great customer service
Being able to work alone and as a leader of a team
Excellent communication skills
Ability to time manage
Has a ‘Can-do’ attitude
Pro-active when at work
Thinks outside the box
Approachable to all
Takes pride in their work
Leading by example
- Ensuring that all aspects of Health & Safety and Hygiene are met and any documentation or records are kept as necessary.
- Represent the friendly face of The Customs House when dealing with customer interaction.
- Ensure that good housekeeping guidelines are followed by all staff.
- Liaise with other departments
- Manage any documentation for venue hires as required.
- Conduct Return to Work interviews and take any actions as recommended from medical professionals (such as lighter duties etc)
- Identify staff training requirements and arrange relevant training.
- Provide on the job training to both new starters/volunteers and refresher training as an organisational or legislative recommendation (eg. Fire Evacuation training every 6 months).
- Monitor any performance related staffing issue and take appropriate actions as required or stated in the Staff Handbook.
- Undertake staff appraisals
- Implement Policies & Procedures
- Maintain and update department training records
- Prepare staff rotas including holiday/sickness cover.
- Maintain, monitor and adhere to budgets
- Complete purchase orders and process invoices
- Implement, maintain and follow cash procedures
- Complete daily banking.
- Ensure the buildings and surrounding areas are secure at all times.
- Be available for some antisocial hours
- Ensure any housekeeping/maintenance
- Maintain a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable groups in line with the organisation’s Safeguarding Policy.
If you want to be part of this unique organisation, please send your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Sunday 23rd October 2016
Click to load more of your favourite shows.